Senior Living in 17324 (Gardners, PA)
- 17324 scores the same as the Gardners, PA average of 76.
- 17324 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17324 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Carlisle Regional Medical Center).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Cumberland Crossings, Cumberland Crossings Retirement Community, and ManorCare Health Services-Carlisle.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 59 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Penn-Del Golf Course, Carlisle Country Club, and Carlisle Barracks Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Mountain Creek Camp Ground, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: Securities Commission, and Western Village RV Park.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Mt Holly Springs United Meth, Luz Alegria Y Esperanza Bic, and Jesus Is Lord Academy.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,386, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,068, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,035, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.42%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17324 has a very sparse population density of 80.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.63%.