Senior Living in 17329 (Glenville, PA)
- 17329 scores the same as the Glenville, PA average of 83.
- 17329 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17329 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Hanover Hospital).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Columbia Cottage - Hanover, Fair Havens Assisted Living, and Wonders Personal Care.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Bon Air Country Club, Bon Air Country Club, and Little Creek Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (River Valley Ranch (RVR) and Charlotte\'s Quest Nature Center).
- There are 70 churches nearby, including Black Rock Church-Bretheran, St Jacob Lutheran Church, and Christ United Church of Christ.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,354, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,281, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,526, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.82%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17329 has a sparse population density of 152.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.10%.