Senior Living in 17343 (Mc Knightstown, PA)
- 17343 scores the same as the Mc Knightstown, PA average of 88.
- 17343 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17343 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Gettysburg Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden LivingCenter - Gettysburg, Transitions Healthcare Gettysburg, and Piney Court Apartments.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Gettysburg Country Club, Links at Gettysburg, and Cedar Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Gettysburg / Battlefield KOA, Granite Hill Camping Resort, and Evergreen Cemetery.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Jesus Is Lord Academy, Heritage Assembly of God, and Adams County Recycling Agency.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has a median household income of $115,278, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,579, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $50,760 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,220 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17343 has a sparse population density of 235.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.