Senior Living in 17345 (Manchester, PA)
- 17345 scores the same as the Manchester, PA average of 75.
- 17345 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17345 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including SpiriTrust Lutheran - The Village at Sprenkle Drive, Pine Manor Home, and Normandie Ridge Senior Living.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 72 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Valley Green Golf Course, Heritage Hills Golf Resort, and Rolling Acres Executive Par 3 Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Elizabethtown / Hershey KOA and Rocky Ridge County Park).
- There are 43 churches nearby, including Ambassadors Bible Church, St Paul United Methodist Chr, and Christ Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,276, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,446, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,156, which is in the top 40% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.52%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17345 has an average population density of 760.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.67%.