Senior Living in 17347 (Mount Wolf, PA)
- 17347 scores the same as the Mount Wolf, PA average of 81.
- 17347 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17347 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of York, York Hospital, and Memorial Hospital York.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including SpiriTrust Lutheran - The Village at Sprenkle Drive, Stony Brook Gardens, and Longwood Manor.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 109 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Rolling Acres Executive Par 3 Golf Course, Heritage Hills Golf Resort, and Springwood Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Rocky Ridge County Park and Elizabethtown / Hershey KOA).
- There are 100 churches nearby, including Otterbein United Methodist Chr, Ambassadors Bible Church, and Christ Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,479, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,806, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,477, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.49%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17347 has a sparse population density of 451.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.01%.