Senior Living in 17350 (New Oxford, PA)
- 17350 scores the same as the New Oxford, PA average of 74.
- 17350 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17350 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Hanover Hospital and Gettysburg Hospital).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Cross Keys Village - The Brethren Home Community, Cross Keys Village, and Skills of Central Pa.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Bridges Golf Club, The, Hanover Country Club, and North/South Course at South Hills Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Drummer Boy Camping Resort, Evergreen Cemetery, and Artillery Ridge.
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Immaculate Heart of Mary, The Gettysburg Messenger, and Lusk Larry L.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,812, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,976, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,491, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $50,760 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,220 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.20%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17350 has a sparse population density of 297.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.55%.