Senior Living in 17353 (Orrtanna, PA)
- 17353 scores the same as the Orrtanna, PA average of 79.
- 17353 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17353 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Gettysburg Hospital).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Piney Court Apartments, Laurel Care Nursing and Rehab, and Michaux Manor.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Caledonia Golf Club, Founders Course at Penn National Golf Club & Inn, and Conocodell Golf Club.
- There are 13 parks nearby, including Gettysburg / Battlefield KOA, Caledonia State Park, and Caledonia Golf Club.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Jesus Is Lord Academy, Brownsville Church of God, and Adams County Recycling Agency.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,293, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,054, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,218, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $50,760 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,220 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.59%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17353 has a very sparse population density of 79.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.71%.