Senior Living in 17363 (Stewartstown, PA)
- 17363 scores the same as the Stewartstown, PA average of 72.
- 17363 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17363 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Shrewsbury Courtyards, Spiritrust Lutheran, The Village at Shrewsbury, and Sunshine Acres.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Pleasant Valley Golf Club, Greystone Golf Course, and Red Lion Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Eden Mill Nature Center)..
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Stewartstown Presbyterian Chr, Stewartstown United Methodist, and Cross Roads United Methodist.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $89,780, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,382, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,800, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.74%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17363 has a sparse population density of 250.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.54%.