Senior Living in 17371 (York New Salem, PA)
- 17371 scores the same as the York New Salem, PA average of 80.
- 17371 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17371 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (York Hospital and Memorial Hospital York).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Colonial Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Rest Haven - York, and Senior Commons at Powder Mill.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Regents\' Glen Country Club, The, Country Club of York, The, and Outdoor Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 79 churches nearby, including St Jacobs United Church-Christ, St Jacobs Evangelical Lutheran, and Christ United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,364, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,000, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,449, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.20%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17371 has an average population density of 1,285.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 65.04%.