Senior Living in 17372 (York Springs, PA)
- 17372 scores the same as the York Springs, PA average of 68.
- 17372 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17372 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Schartner House at Carroll Village, Pine Run Retirement Community, and Elmcroft of Dillsburg.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Range End Country Club, Bridges Golf Club, The, and Hanover Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Mountain Creek Camp Ground)..
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Luz Alegria Y Esperanza Bic, Barrens United Lutheran Church, and Christ Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,343, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,355, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,707, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $50,760 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,220 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.01%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17372 has a sparse population density of 125.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.81%.