Senior Living in 17403 (York, PA)
- 17403 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in York, PA.
- 17403 scores lower than the York, PA average of 72.
- 17403 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17403 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (York Hospital and Memorial Hospital York).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Colonial Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Senior Commons at Powder Mill, and Rest Haven - York.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 108 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of York, The, Regents\' Glen Country Club, The, and Hawk Lake Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 84 churches nearby, including Friendship Baptist Church, St Andrew\'s Episcopal Church, and New Fairview Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,783, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,447, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,455, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.33%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17403 has a dense population density of 1,911.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.67%.