Senior Living in 17404 (York, PA)
- 17404 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 5th highest of any zip code in York, PA.
- 17404 scores lower than the York, PA average of 72.
- 17404 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17404 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (York Hospital and Memorial Hospital York).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Country Meadows of York, Margaret E. Moul Home, and ManorCare Health Services-York North.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 100 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Outdoor Country Club, Country Club of York, The, and Regents\' Glen Country Club, The.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 80 churches nearby, including Stillmeadow Church of Nazarene, Faith United Church of Christ, and Pleasant View Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,617, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,564, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,318, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.92%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17404 has a dense population density of 1,677.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.97%.