Senior Living in 17502 (Bainbridge, PA)
- 17502 scores the same as the Bainbridge, PA average of 79.
- 17502 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17502 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of York).
- There are 40 senior living facilities in the area, including Masonic Village at Elizabethtown, Manorcare Health Services-Elizabethtown, and Longwood Manor.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 94 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Par Line Golf Course, Rustic Meadows Camping & Golf, and Sunset Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Elizabethtown / Hershey KOA, Rocky Ridge County Park, and Samuel S. Lewis State Park.
- There are 85 churches nearby, including Word of Life Chapel, Otterbein United Methodist Chr, and Christ Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,601, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,597, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,605, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.06%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17502 has a sparse population density of 249.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.24%.