Senior Living in 17508 (Brownstown, PA)
- 17508 scores the same as the Brownstown, PA average of 87.
- 17508 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17508 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Ephrata Community Hospital and Heart Of Lancaster Regional Medical Center).
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Maple Farm, Landis Homes, and Fairmount Homes.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Bent Creek Country Club, Dogwood/Highlands Course at Lancaster Country Club, and Overlook Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 73 churches nearby, including Akron Church of the Brethern, Zion Lutheran Church, and Akron Mennonite Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,605, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $120,074, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $49,670, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17508 has a dense population density of 2,858.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.