Senior Living in 17512 (Columbia, PA)
- 17512 scores the same as the Columbia, PA average of 65.
- 17512 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17512 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lancaster Gen Hosp-susquehanna).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including St John\'s Herr Estate, St Anne\'s Retirement Community, and Susquehanna Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Groff\'s Farm Golf Club, Cool Creek Country Club, and Conestoga Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Samuel S. Lewis State Park)..
- There are 46 churches nearby, including St Peter\'s Catholic Church, St Paul\'s Episcopal Church, and Holy Trinity Catholic Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,368, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,191, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,557, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.63%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17512 has an average population density of 1,095.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.45%.