Senior Living in 17516 (Conestoga, PA)
- 17516 scores the same as the Conestoga, PA average of 82.
- 17516 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17516 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Lancaster Regional Medical Center, Lancaster General Hospital, and Community Hosp Of Lancaster.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Brereton Manor, Willow Valley Retirement Communities, and Magnolia Manor.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 163 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Crossgates Golf Course, Conestoga Country Club, and Lancaster Host Golf Resort.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lancaster County Central Park, Longs Park, and Susquehannock State Park.
- There are 141 churches nearby, including Conner Richard W, Colemanville United Methodist, and Wagner B Bruce Rev.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,477, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,406, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,819, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.03%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17516 has a sparse population density of 216.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.01%.