Senior Living in 17518 (Drumore, PA)
- 17518 scores the same as the Drumore, PA average of 67.
- 17518 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17518 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Country View Manor, Quarryville Presbyterian Retirement Community, and Willow View Home.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Pilgrim\'s Oak Golf Course, Tanglewood Manor Golf Club, and Geneva Farm Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Susquehannock State Park and Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort Quarryville, PA).
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Wrightsdale Baptist Church, Delta Church of Nazarene, and Calvary Chapel.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,236, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,125, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,358, which is in the top 79% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.57%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17518 has a very sparse population density of 95.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 73.26%.