Senior Living in 17519 (East Earl, PA)
- 17519 scores the same as the East Earl, PA average of 67.
- 17519 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17519 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Garden Spot Village, Zerbe Sisters Nursing Center, and Woodland Heights Retirement Community.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Honey Brook Golf Club, Hawk Valley Golf Club, and Springside Par 3 Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lake-In-Wood Campground)..
- There are 39 churches nearby, including Bethany Mennonite Church, Weaverland Mennonite Church, and Roberts Arthur W.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $79,921, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,109, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,573, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.26%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17519 has a sparse population density of 307.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 67.09%.