Senior Living in 17522 (Ephrata, PA)
- 17522 scores the same as the Ephrata, PA average of 69.
- 17522 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17522 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Ephrata Community Hospital and Heart Of Lancaster Regional Medical Center).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Ephrata Manor, Maple Farm, and Fairmount Homes.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 69 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Hawk Valley Golf Club, Foxchase Golf Club, and Bent Creek Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 105 churches nearby, including Mohler Church of the Brethren, Grace Christian School, and Our Mother of Perpetual Help.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,123, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,489, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,317, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.61%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17522 has an average population density of 743.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.34%.