Senior Living in 17529 (Gordonville, PA)
- 17529 scores the same as the Gordonville, PA average of 75.
- 17529 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17529 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Lancaster General Hospital and Community Hosp Of Lancaster).
- There are 43 senior living facilities in the area, including Garden Spot Village, Welsh Mountain Home, and Fairmount Homes.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Willow Valley Golf Course, Meadia Heights Golf Club, and Lancaster Host Golf Resort.
- There is 1 park nearby (Old Mill Stream Campground)..
- There are 91 churches nearby, including Ridgeview Mennonite Church, Meadville Mennonite Church, and Kinzer Mennonite Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,332, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,715, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,686, which is in the top 66% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.97%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17529 has a sparse population density of 275.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 50.98%.