Senior Living in 17535 (Kinzers, PA)
- 17535 scores the same as the Kinzers, PA average of 67.
- 17535 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17535 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Welsh Mountain Home, Garden Spot Village, and Harrison House Christiana.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Moccasin Run Golf Course, Honey Brook Golf Club, and Coatesville Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 63 churches nearby, including Hershey\'s Mennonite Church, Meadville Mennonite Church, and Kinzer Mennonite Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,275, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,863, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,324, which is in the top 88% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.17%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17535 has a sparse population density of 226.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 56.98%.