Senior Living in 17540 (Leola, PA)
- 17540 scores the same as the Leola, PA average of 77.
- 17540 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17540 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Ephrata Community Hospital, Lancaster General Hospital, and Community Hosp Of Lancaster.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in the area, including Fairmount Homes, Maple Farm, and Landis Homes.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 145 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Lancaster Host Golf Resort, Willow Valley Golf Course, and Meadia Heights Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Old Mill Stream Campground and Lancaster County Central Park).
- There are 143 churches nearby, including Conestoga Church-the Brethren, Zion Lutheran Church, and Leola Hmong Alliance Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,007, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,741, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,399, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.39%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17540 has an average population density of 500.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 73.64%.