Senior Living in 17543 (Lititz, PA)
- 17543 scores the same as the Lititz, PA average of 74.
- 17543 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17543 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Heart Of Lancaster Regional Medical Center and Ephrata Community Hospital).
- There are 38 senior living facilities in the area, including United Zion Retirement Communi, Audubon Villa Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Luther Acres .
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 118 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Bent Creek Country Club, Foxchase Golf Club, and Tree Top Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Wolf Sanctuary of PA)..
- There are 115 churches nearby, including Jerusalem Lutheran Church, Lititz Church of the Brethren, and Middle Creek Church-Brethren.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,225, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,678, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,656, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.14%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17543 has an average population density of 614.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.51%.