Senior Living in 17545 (Manheim, PA)
- 17545 scores the same as the Manheim, PA average of 77.
- 17545 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17545 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Heart Of Lancaster Regional Medical Center, Lebanon Va Medical Center, and Good Samaritan Hospital.
- There are 60 senior living facilities in the area, including The Danner Home, Mt. Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, and Pleasant View Retirement Community.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 176 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 64 golf courses nearby, including Tree Top Golf Course, Executive Course at Evergreen Golf Course Inc., and Groff\'s Farm Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including PA Dutch Country RV Resort, Wolf Sanctuary of PA, and Longs Park.
- There are 154 churches nearby, including White Oak Church-the Brethren, Chiques Church of the Brethren, and East Fairview Church-Brethren.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,907, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,811, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,228, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.11%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17545 has a sparse population density of 299.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.75%.