Senior Living in 17551 (Millersville, PA)
- 17551 scores the same as the Millersville, PA average of 73.
- 17551 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17551 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lancaster Regional Medical Center).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Brereton Manor, Manorcare Health Services - Lancaster, and Vineyard Personal Care Home.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Crossgates Golf Course, Conestoga Country Club, and Olde Hickory Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lancaster County Central Park and Longs Park).
- There are 60 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, Millersville Bible Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,389, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,497, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,724, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.30%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17551 has an average population density of 1,076.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.62%.