Senior Living in 17552 (Mount Joy, PA)
- 17552 scores the same as the Mount Joy, PA average of 72.
- 17552 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17552 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Lancaster Gen Hosp-susquehanna and Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of York).
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Mt Joy Country Homes, Juniper Village at Mount Joy, and Rheem\'s Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Groff\'s Farm Golf Club, Par Line Golf Course, and Rustic Meadows Camping & Golf.
- There is 1 park nearby (Samuel S. Lewis State Park)..
- There are 90 churches nearby, including Mary Mother of the Church, Mount Joy Church of God, and Florin Church of the Brethren.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,588, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,952, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,653, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.10%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17552 has an average population density of 549.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.61%.