Senior Living in 17555 (Narvon, PA)
- 17555 scores the same as the Narvon, PA average of 67.
- 17555 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17555 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunny Crest Homes, Zerbe Sisters Nursing Center, and Welsh Mountain Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 76 golf courses nearby, including Honey Brook Golf Club, Stonewall, and Green Hills Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lake-In-Wood Campground)..
- There are 64 churches nearby, including Twin Valley Bible Academy, Bethany Mennonite Church, and Weaverland Mennonite Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,146, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,721, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,262, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.56%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17555 has a sparse population density of 215.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 67.43%.