Senior Living in 17560 (New Providence, PA)
- 17560 scores the same as the New Providence, PA average of 72.
- 17560 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17560 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Lancaster General Hospital and Community Hosp Of Lancaster).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Willow View Home, Country View Manor, and Quarryville Presbyterian Retirement Community.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Tanglewood Manor Golf Club, Meadia Heights Golf Club, and Willow Valley Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort Quarryville, PA, Susquehannock State Park, and Lancaster County Central Park.
- There are 54 churches nearby, including New Providence Church of God, New Providence Mennonite Chr, and West Willow United Methodist.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,504, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,839, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,651, which is in the top 72% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.47%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17560 has a sparse population density of 318.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 75.74%.