Senior Living in 17562 (Paradise, PA)
- 17562 scores the same as the Paradise, PA average of 71.
- 17562 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17562 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Lancaster General Hospital and Community Hosp Of Lancaster).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Harrison House Christiana, Quarryville Presbyterian Retirement Community, and Welsh Mountain Home.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Moccasin Run Golf Course, Tanglewood Manor Golf Club, and Meadia Heights Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Old Mill Stream Campground and Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort Quarryville, PA).
- There are 101 churches nearby, including Leacock Presbyterian Church, St John\'s United Methodist Chr, and Paradise Mennonite Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,712, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,944, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,474, which is in the top 61% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.61%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17562 has a sparse population density of 261.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 55.31%.