Senior Living in 17563 (Peach Bottom, PA)
- 17563 scores the same as the Peach Bottom, PA average of 62.
- 17563 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17563 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Conowingo Veterans Center, Liberty Garden Elderly Care, and Country View Manor.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Pilgrim\'s Oak Golf Course, Tanglewood Manor Golf Club, and Wyncote Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Susquehannock State Park and Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort Quarryville, PA).
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Wrightsdale Baptist Church, Conowingo Baptist Church, and Nottingham Missionary Baptist.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,022, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,375, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,597, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.15%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17563 has a sparse population density of 121.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.22%.