Senior Living in 17566 (Quarryville, PA)
- 17566 scores the same as the Quarryville, PA average of 63.
- 17566 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17566 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Quarryville Presbyterian Retirement Community, Country View Manor, and Willow View Home.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Tanglewood Manor Golf Club, Pilgrim\'s Oak Golf Course, and Moccasin Run Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort Quarryville, PA and Susquehannock State Park).
- There are 31 churches nearby, including Calvary Independent Baptist, Mechanic Grove Church-Brethren, and St Catherine\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,819, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,635, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,637, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.77%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17566 has a sparse population density of 206.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.91%.