Senior Living in 17576 (Smoketown, PA)
- 17576 scores the same as the Smoketown, PA average of 87.
- 17576 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17576 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Lancaster General Hospital and Community Hosp Of Lancaster).
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Evergreen Estates Retirement Community, Conestoga View Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Garden Court Apartments.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (45% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Meadia Heights Golf Club, Willow Valley Golf Course, and Lancaster Host Golf Resort.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Old Mill Stream Campground and Lancaster County Central Park).
- There are 46 churches nearby, including Stumptown Mennonite Church, Parent & Preschool Center, and Calvary Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,035, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,029, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,946, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17576 has a dense population density of 2,529.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.96%.