Senior Living in 17578 (Stevens, PA)
- 17578 scores the same as the Stevens, PA average of 72.
- 17578 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17578 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Ephrata Community Hospital and Heart Of Lancaster Regional Medical Center).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Denver Health and Rehabilitation Center, Cocalico Christian Home, and Colonial Lodge.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Foxchase Golf Club, Hawk Valley Golf Club, and Springside Par 3 Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Wolf Sanctuary of PA)..
- There are 87 churches nearby, including Mellingers Lutheran Church, Reamstown Church of God, and Harvest Fellowship.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,381, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,448, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,412, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.96%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17578 has a sparse population density of 489.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.51%.