Senior Living in 17582 (Washington Boro, PA)
- 17582 scores the same as the Washington Boro, PA average of 86.
- 17582 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17582 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Lancaster Regional Medical Center, Lancaster Gen Hosp-susquehanna, and Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of York.
- There are 48 senior living facilities in the area, including Brereton Manor, St Anne\'s Retirement Community, and Hershey Mill Home.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 170 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Crossgates Golf Course, Conestoga Country Club, and Cool Creek Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Samuel S. Lewis State Park, Longs Park, and Lancaster County Central Park.
- There are 158 churches nearby, including Central Manor Church of God, Trinity United Church, and St Paul\'s United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $79,138, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,583, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,184, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.70%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17582 has a sparse population density of 228.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.36%.