Senior Living in 17584 (Willow Street, PA)
- 17584 scores the same as the Willow Street, PA average of 81.
- 17584 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17584 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Lancaster General Hospital, Community Hosp Of Lancaster, and Lancaster Regional Medical Center.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Willow View Home, Magnolia Manor, and Willow Valley Communities.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Meadia Heights Golf Club, Willow Valley Golf Course, and Lancaster Host Golf Resort.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lancaster County Central Park and Old Mill Stream Campground).
- There are 91 churches nearby, including Willow Street United Church, West Willow United Methodist, and Ascension Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,232, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,086, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,766, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.45%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17584 has an average population density of 617.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.36%.