Senior Living in 17601 (Lancaster, PA)
- 17601 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the highest of any zip code in Lancaster, PA.
- 17601 scores higher than the Lancaster, PA average of 69.
- 17601 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17601 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Lancaster Regional Medical Center, Lancaster General Hospital, and Community Hosp Of Lancaster.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in the area, including Brethren Village Retirement Community, Calvary Fellowship Homes, and The Mennonite Home.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 137 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Overlook Golf Course, Olde Hickory Golf Course, and Dogwood/Highlands Course at Lancaster Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Longs Park and Lancaster County Central Park).
- There are 104 churches nearby, including St John Neumann Catholic Chr, Lancaster Church-the Brethren, and St Leo the Great Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,465, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,788, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,455, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.52%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17601 has an average population density of 1,494.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.18%.