Senior Living in 17602 (Lancaster, PA)
- 17602 has a SeniorScore® of 65, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Lancaster, PA.
- 17602 scores lower than the Lancaster, PA average of 69.
- 17602 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17602 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Lancaster General Hospital, Community Hosp Of Lancaster, and Lancaster Regional Medical Center.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Evergreen Estates Retirement Community, Willow Valley Communities, and Glen at Willow Valley.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 143 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Meadia Heights Golf Club, Lancaster Host Golf Resort, and Willow Valley Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Old Mill Stream Campground, Lancaster County Central Park, and Longs Park.
- There are 105 churches nearby, including Ebenezer Baptist Church, Seventh-Day Adventist Church, and Parent & Preschool Center.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,408, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,007, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,618, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.98%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17602 has a dense population density of 2,046.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.99%.