Senior Living in 17701 (Williamsport, PA)
- 17701 has a SeniorScore® of 64, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Williamsport, PA.
- 17701 scores lower than the Williamsport, PA average of 69.
- 17701 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17701 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Williamsport Hospital & Medical Center and Susquehanna Health System).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including The Williamsport Home, Rose View Center, and Rose View Court.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 5 golf courses nearby, including Williamsport Country Club, Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club, and Bucknell Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Paws Park and Susquehanna State Park).
- There are 87 churches nearby, including Antioch Baptist Church, Emmanuel Baptist Church, and Faith Alliance Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.53% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,810, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,071, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,152, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,870 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $52,000 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,646 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.30%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17701 has a sparse population density of 499.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.40%.