Senior Living in 17702 (Williamsport, PA)
- 17702 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the highest of any zip code in Williamsport, PA.
- 17702 scores higher than the Williamsport, PA average of 69.
- 17702 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17702 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Williamsport Hospital & Medical Center, Susquehanna Health System, and Jersey Shore Hospital.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Rose View Court, West House Personal Care Home, and Rose View Center.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club, Williamsport Country Club, and Bucknell Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Susquehanna State Park and Paws Park).
- There are 92 churches nearby, including Du Boistown Nisbet United Meth, Saint Lawrence Church, and South United Methodist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.53% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,437, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,997, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,290, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,870 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $52,000 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,646 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.74%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17702 has a sparse population density of 173.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.84%.