Senior Living in 17729 (Cross Fork, PA)
- 17729 scores the same as the Cross Fork, PA average of 68.
- 17729 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17729 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Bucktail Medical Center).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Bucktail Medical Center).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (60% of the total population).
- There are 4 golf courses nearby, including Coudersport Golf Club, Pine Marsh Golf Course, and Tyoga Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Ole Bull State Park, Susquehannock State Forest, and Hammersley Wild Area.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Emmanuel Assembly of God, St Joseph\'s Hall, and Zion Evangelical Lutheran Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.95% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $38,859, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,000, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,165, which is in the top 75% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 17729 has a very sparse population density of 1.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.13%.