Senior Living in 17730 (Dewart, PA)
- 17730 scores the same as the Dewart, PA average of 74.
- 17730 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17730 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Watsontown Health and Rehabilitation Center, Warrior Run Heritage House, and Milton Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 9 golf courses nearby, including Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club, Turbot Hills Golf Course, and Bucknell Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Williamsport South / Nittany Mtn. KOA)..
- There are 10 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church, Shipman W Stevens, and Eberly, Douglas M-United Methodist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,379, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $83,826, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,955, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17730 has a dense population density of 1,520.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 62.69%.