Senior Living in 17731 (Eagles Mere, PA)
- 17731 scores the same as the Eagles Mere, PA average of 75.
- 17731 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17731 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (The Highlands Care Center and Darway Elder Care and Rehabilitation Center)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (61% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Eagles Mere Country Club, Mill Race Golf & Camping Resort, and Williamsport Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Worlds End State Park, Pioneer Campground, and Crystal Lake Camps.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Millview Wesleyan Church, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Bethany United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.10% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $37,940, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $31,250, which is in the top 89% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,590, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 17731 has a very sparse population density of 13.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.11%.