Senior Living in 17737 (Hughesville, PA)
- 17737 scores the same as the Hughesville, PA average of 72.
- 17737 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17737 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Muncy Valley Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Wolf Run Village, Susquehanna Health Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and The Highlands Care Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Eagles Mere Country Club, Williamsport Country Club, and Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Crystal Lake Camps, Trout Pond Park Family Fun Center, and Pioneer Campground.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Bethany United Methodist Chr, Christ United Methodist Church, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.53% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,131, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,771, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,200, which is in the top 40% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,870 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $52,000 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,646 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.02%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17737 has a very sparse population density of 86.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.60%.