Senior Living in 17745 (Lock Haven, PA)
- 17745 scores the same as the Lock Haven, PA average of 65.
- 17745 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17745 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lock Haven Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Fulmer\'s Personal Care Home, Susque-View Home Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Lock Haven Hospital.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 7 golf courses nearby, including Clinton Country Club, Belles Springs Golf Course, and Nittany Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Tiadaghton State Forest, Upper Pine Bottom State Park, and Belles Springs Golf Course.
- There are 16 churches nearby, including All Things Bright & Beautiful, Snyder John A, and St Luke\'s United Church-Christ.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.21% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,970, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,368, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,632, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.78%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17745 has a very sparse population density of 88.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.73%.