Senior Living in 17747 (Loganton, PA)
- 17747 scores the same as the Loganton, PA average of 68.
- 17747 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17747 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Jersey Shore Hospital and Jersey Shore Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Fulmer\'s Personal Care Home, Susque-View Home Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Lock Haven Hospital.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Belles Springs Golf Course, Clinton Country Club, and Nittany Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Holiday Pines Campgrounds, Belles Springs Golf Course, and Ravensburg State Park.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including St John\'s Tylersville Ucc, United Church of Christ, and St Paul\'s Evangelical Lutheran.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.21% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,273, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,857, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,730, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.77%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17747 has a very sparse population density of 31.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.69%.