Senior Living in 17749 (Mc Ewensville, PA)
- 17749 scores the same as the Mc Ewensville, PA average of 75.
- 17749 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17749 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Warrior Run Heritage House, Watsontown Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Milton Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Turbot Hills Golf Course, Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club, and Cherokee Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Milton State Park and Central Oak Heights).
- There are 16 churches nearby, including Eberly, Douglas M-United Methodist Church, Shipman W Stevens, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,064, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,000, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,386, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.51%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17749 has a dense population density of 2,280.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.31%.