Senior Living in 17750 (Mackeyville, PA)
- 17750 scores the same as the Mackeyville, PA average of 78.
- 17750 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17750 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Lock Haven Hospital, Susque-View Home Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Fulmer\'s Personal Care Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Clinton Country Club, Belles Springs Golf Course, and Nittany Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Belles Springs Golf Course, Krislund Camp & Conference Center, and Bald Eagle State Park.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Kingdom Hall-Jehovah\'s Wtnsss, Lockhaven Assembly of God, and Nittany Valley Charge United.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.21% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,736, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,792, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,025, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 35.56%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 17750 has a sparse population density of 109.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.05%.