Senior Living in 17751 (Mill Hall, PA)
- 17751 scores the same as the Mill Hall, PA average of 69.
- 17751 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17751 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lock Haven Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Lock Haven Hospital, Susque-View Home Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Fulmer\'s Personal Care Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 9 golf courses nearby, including Clinton Country Club, Belles Springs Golf Course, and Nittany Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Belles Springs Golf Course and Bald Eagle State Park).
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Nittany Valley Charge United, Lockhaven Assembly of God, and Rounds Roger C.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.21% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,612, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,678, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,932, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.75%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 17751 has a very sparse population density of 56.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.19%.