Senior Living in 17754 (Montoursville, PA)
- 17754 scores the same as the Montoursville, PA average of 78.
- 17754 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17754 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Williamsport Hospital & Medical Center, Susquehanna Health System, and Muncy Valley Hospital.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Valley View Nursing Center, Elmcroft of Loyalsock, and Hillside Senior Living Community.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 9 golf courses nearby, including Williamsport Country Club, Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club, and Eagles Mere Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Paws Park and Trout Pond Park Family Fun Center).
- There are 98 churches nearby, including Bethany Lutheran Church, First Christian Church, and Our Lady of Lourdes.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.53% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,983, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,625, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,874, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,870 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $52,000 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,646 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.93%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17754 has a sparse population density of 203.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.09%.