Senior Living in 17756 (Muncy, PA)
- 17756 scores the same as the Muncy, PA average of 68.
- 17756 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17756 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Muncy Valley Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Susquehanna Health Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Wolf Run Village, and Warrior Run Heritage House.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club, Williamsport Country Club, and Turbot Hills Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Trout Pond Park Family Fun Center)..
- There are 34 churches nearby, including Moreland Baptist Church, Muncy Baptist Church, and St Andrew Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.53% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,692, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,151, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,661, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,870 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $52,000 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,646 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.65%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17756 has a sparse population density of 110.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.52%.